Updated on 15/03/2018
At Monevo Limited, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Monevo is a registered Trading Name of Monevo Limited which is an Appointed Representative of Quint Group Limited, and is entered on the Financial Services Register under reference number: 723672. Quint Group Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and is entered on the Financial Services Register under reference number: 669450. Monevo Limited is registered in England and Wales (company number 06511345), Registered Office; Oxford House, Oxford Road, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK11 8HS. Licenced by the Information Commissioner's Office, (registration number Z1498441). Our nominated Interim Data Protection Officer is Mike Ransom and contact information can be found here
We collect information about you when you apply for products via our application form or telephone. We also collect information when you voluntarily provide feedback via our contact form, email or telephone. Website usage information is collected using cookies and further information can be found here
The type of information we collect from you during an online application includes, but is not limited to, you: name, current and previous addresses, residential status, date of birth, national insurance number, email address, telephone numbers (home, mobile, work), employment status, income details, bank account and sort code, IP address and device type
We do not collect any personal information from children, or about children, nor do we collect sensitive or special category data
How do you keep my information secure?
Your security and privacy comes first in everything we do; if your data is not secure then it’s not private. We utilise the most advanced security infrastructure and measures to ensure your data is private whilst in transit and at rest. If we share your information to any third parties, we will only do so if we are sure that they maintain the same levels of security and privacy as ourselves.
We collect this information so that we can process your application and to take steps to introduce you to a lender, broker or alternative solution provider, according to your request, and to comply with certain financial services regulations. The information is required to:
- Enable us to provide your information to lenders, brokers or alternative solution providers
- Validate your identity
- Access your credit history
- Enable us to contact you regarding your application
- Help us to find you the most appropriate product(s)
- Confirm that you can afford the selected product(s)
- Reduce the likelihood of fraudulent activity or money laundering
To enable us to find you the most appropriate product, and to comply with certain regulations, we will need to share your information with the following third parties, operating as data controllers or data processors:
- Companies within the Quint Group Limited, including
- Moneyguru Limited
- Monevo Limited
- Infinian Data Solutions Limited
- Credit Angel Limited
- Loan Marketing Limited
- Data OD Ltd
- Personal loans providers
- Short Term loan providers
- Guarantor loan providers
- Credit brokers
- Car Finance loan providers
- Car Finance credit brokers
- Debt Management providers
- Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA) providers
- Credit Referencing Agencies
- Identity and Verification service providers
- Behavioural scoring and profiling providers
- Debt collection agencies
- Debt purchase companies
- Credit Referencing Agencies
- Credit providers
- Data aggregation companies
- Data bureaux
- Identity and Verification service providers
- Tracing companies
- Government agencies
- LexisNexis Risk Solutions
- Call Credit
- Smartclick Marketing Ltd
- D-L-U-K Ltd
- Hall and Hanley Ltd
Not all of the third parties have been named here explicitly due to commercial sensitivity, but an extensive list of where we share your personal data can be provided for free by using the contact details here
We collect your data and will share it for commercial gain with third parties. These organisations will have a relationship with you or it may be used where they have a lawful reason, which may include these organisation's own legitimate interest. Use includes tracing of individuals, verification and/or validation of the identity of individuals for the purposes of, but not limited to, anti-money laundering regulations, national security, crime prevention and detection, anti-fraud processes, asset recovery and asset reunification.
We may also share your information for marketing purposes to third parties offering products and services which we think may be of interest to you, but only if you have given us your explicit consent. You have a legal right to prevent your information being used for direct marketing purposes and can request such action by using the contact details here
Information that is collected by us at Monevo Limited may be used in the following ways and will be recorded electronically:
- Verify identity and credit standing to enable us to consider and process your application for a loan or other products or services.
- Assess your credit history and confirm your employment details.
- Collect unpaid loans and debt that may be owed by you to 3rd parties
- Extract certain information for the purpose of generating statistics for our own internal purposes (including credit and/or behaviour scoring, and market product analysis).
- Detect, prevent and investigate actual and potential fraud and related activities.
- Determine your eligibility for different products and services that you may be of interest
- Contact you in connection with your enquiry
- Update this website to better meet your needs in the future.
- Data validation, enhancement, or suppression
- Tracing, collections and asset reunification
- and to the extent permitted by law, individual reference or lookup services, by selected ourselves and 3rd parties mentioned in this Policy.
We may also use your information for marketing purposes, outside of providing our services, if you have given us your explicit consent and in accordance with this policy. You have a legal right to prevent your information being used for direct marketing purposes
We will make searches about you at credit reference agencies who will supply us with credit information, as well as information from the Electoral Register. The agencies will record details of the search whether or not this application proceeds. We may use credit-scoring methods to assess this application and to verify your identity. Credit searches and other information which is provided to us and/or the credit reference agencies, about you and those with whom you are linked financially may be used by Monevo Limited and other companies if credit decisions are made about you, or other members of your household. This information may also be used for debt tracing and the prevention of money laundering as well as the management of your account.
Information held about you by the Credit Reference Agencies may be linked to records relating to your partner. For the purposes of this application you and your partner are financially independent and you request that your application be assessed without reference to any “associated” records, although you recognise that this may adversely affect the outcome of your application. You believe that there is no information relating to your partner that is likely to affect our willingness to offer financial services to you. You authorise us to check the validity of this declaration with credit reference agencies and if we discover any associated records, which would affect the accuracy of this declaration we may decide not to proceed with the application on this basis. We may periodically check and update your credit profile to provide you with update to date relevant offers. This will not impact your credit score, credit worthiness or your ability to obtain credit
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the EEA. By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers, or our third parties’ servers, are from time to time located in a country outside of the EEA. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
Yes, you could receive two types of communications:
- As part of our service we will send you electronic communications (telephone, emails and SMS) relating to the products you’ve requested and relating to any application(s) that you have made. This is a service offered by default, for free and is part of the broking service we provide. You can still request that this communication is stopped using the contact details here. You may also receive these types of communications from any providers that we introduce you to, dependent on their policy. This communication may continue for the term of your product or service requested to ensure your continued satisfaction
- We, Quint Group companies and selected 3rd parties, may send you direct marketing communications about other products and services that may be of interest to you. This service is not provided by default, is still free, but will only be provided if you have given us your explicit consent, and only via the channels you have agreed. Marketing will be sent within a reasonable period following your consent, this will usually be 6 months, unless further consent or contact is made
You have a legal right to prevent your information being used for direct marketing purposes. You can request such action by using our contact details here
Should you require further assistance regarding the prevention of marketing, please see information below:
Postal Marketing – You can opt out of postal marketing by registering with the Mail Preference Service (MPS) at http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/. This is an industry wide service that is administered by the Direct Marketing Association and recognised by the Information Commissioner.
Telephone Marketing – Consumers are able to opt out of all telemarketing activity by registering their details with the Telephone Preference Service (TPS) at http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/. The TPS is similar to the MPS but is administered by the Information Commissioner.
Email Marketing - Unlike Postal or Telephone channels, there is no industry-wide service to opt out of email marketing. Therefore, consumers should always review privacy policies and marketing opt-in check boxes when registering for services or purchasing products online. Where unwanted email marketing is received, consumers should unsubscribe or use spam filters to prevent future communications.
The amount of time we hold your information depends on the basis it was provided. Please see the following examples:
- If you request that we do not contact you for advertising and marketing reasons, we may still need to keep your information as this would reflect your preferences.
- Information is also kept relating to any applications you may enter via our website. This information will be kept for a minimum of six years, which will commence at the end of the relationship. We are required to do so to ensure that if any disputes or complaints are raised, we have your information to enable us to address the complaints or disputes. Your information will be kept purely for business needs.
- In order to provide you with a service, we will be required to keep your information for however long this may take us.
- Another reason for us to keep information about you is for legitimate business needs (where relevant), so we can comply with the law.
Your data will not be kept indefinitely and will only be kept for as long as is required by legitimate or regulatory needs. When there is no longer a need for your data and there are no regulatory requirements, information will be kept for a maximum of 2 years, purely to assist with auditing. It will then be securely removed.
To request details relating to your personal data retention, please use the contact details here
You will be able to access the records we hold about you upon request. We will not charge a fee to provide this information, unless the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. If you require further copies a fee may apply. To request access to your information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the following rights regarding the processing of your personal data, given to you through legislation:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
You have the right to obtain confirmation that your data is being processed and to have access to that personal data. You can request this using the contact details here
- The right to rectification
You have the right to have your personal data rectified if it is incorrect or incomplete and we must notify any third parties that have been shared your data to do the same. You can request this using the contact details here
- The right to erasure
You have a “right to be forgotten”, or to have your personal data erased and to prevent processing. The right is not absolute and in certain circumstances this may not be possible. You can request this using the contact details here
- The right to restrict processing
You have the right to ‘block’ or suppress the processing of your personal data. This does not stop the storing of your personal data, as it may be required to restrict processing in the future. You can request this using the contact details here
- The right to data portability
You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services in a safe and secure way, without hindrance to usability. You can request this using the contact details here
- The right to object
You have the right to object to processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling); direct marketing (including profiling); and processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics. You can request this using contact details here
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
You have a right to object to automated decision making, to express your point of view, ask for human intervention, and to be provided with an explanation of the decision with your option to challenge it. The right is not absolute and is not applicable for the entering into a consumer credit agreement. You can request this using the contact details here
- The right to withdraw consent
If you have given us explicit consent to process your personal data you have a right to withdraw that consent at any time, including but not limited to the removal of consent to be contacted by third party marketers. You can request this using the contact details here
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
You have the right to lodge a complaint with us directly and / or with a supervisory authority. In the UK the relevant authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You can find their contact details here: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
Alternatively you can write to our Compliance Manager or Data Protection Officer at the following address: